Trouble with Crawling Lotus Notes using SharePoint 2007

May 5, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Hi there.  I found your MSA tool very useful, even to just manage schedules it saves a ton of time!

I have a question about crawling Lotus Notes databases, if you would be so kind, since it seems you have a lot of experience with it.

I have run through all the steps to get Lotus Notes content sources working within SharePoint 2007.  However I am unable to add a Lotus Notes content source using the SSP Search Administration.  I can see the Lotus Notes option as a content source, but my Domino server does not auto-populate and even if I manually type the Domino server name, the databases don't populate.

However when I used your MSA tool and try to get the list of Notes DB's I can successfully add the Lotus Notes content sources!  The list of Domino databases shows up and I can add them to my SSP.

When I try crawling the Notes content sources that have been added with your tool, I get the following error:  The object was not found. (The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it.)

Any idea what might be the problem?

I ran notessetup.exe again and confirmed the password is typed correctly.  I confirmed the correct Notes ID is showing up in the notes.ini file.  I confirmed the lcppn30.dll was dropped to the Sharepoint/bin and Notes folders.  I can open the databases using the Notes Client without any issues.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.